- 5 long carrots
- pumpkins seeds or almond slices
- 1 recipe hummus, or this pinto bean hummus
- chili powder or paprika for garnish
- Set out your serving bowl, and estimate the length you’ll need you “fingers” to be.
- Select carrots that are most advantageously bent, and peel them. When peeling, add a flat part for the “nail,” and use the peeler to accentuate any curves, or to create a more finger-like appearance.
- Fill your serving bowl with hummus and position the fingers.
- Use a bit of hummus to affix the nails.
- Garnish with chili powder or paprika for contrast.
- Serve with carrot slices and pita triangles.